Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chassis Construction

Welp folks today was a big day! Yesterday started with me heading to my favorite toy store Harbor Freight and bought myself some new tools, angle grinder, cutoff saw, misc clamps. The day ended with me strapping 120 feet of steel to the rook rack of me little Saab, much easier than I was expecting.

So for those curious what I did today... I started on my frame following McSorleys beautiful plans!

Here's the plans I pulled down from McSorley's site


Beginning stage of lower chassis


Most of the lowest part of the frame completed!


Biggest Pain in the arse yet! Suppose it would have been much easier with a compound miter cutoff saw... oh well


At least it bolted up okay though

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zang! You should get a truck for hauling. But it sounds like the Saab is up to the tasks.

    ReplyDelete