Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome

Me:


For those of you unaware of what a Locost is.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locost 

Now that you know a little about the project, here's a little about me. I'm an IT Consultant who works with small and medium sized businesses in the Dallas area. I have a wonderful wife, 3 dogs, 2 evil little birds (oh okay maybe not evil, they just hate me). This will not be my first attempt to build a car, in 2002 a few buddies and I got together and built a sand rail dune buggy from a VW Bug. The project was fun but we never really knew what the hell we were doing.

I have dreamed of building this car ever since I learned of Ron Champion's book Build your own sports car for as little as £250 about 7 years ago.

Anyway, my build will be based on the standard book designed frame, the power plant will likely be supplied from an 80s Mazda RX7 with an independent rear suspension.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck on everything. I think the hardest part may be knowing someone that has worked with a rotary engine.

    Or you can learn from scratch.

    ReplyDelete